Jan 22, 1945 My Darling, I've been plotting and scheming again. Mom and Myles would like to go some place again while he is off but they haven't enough money, so I'm sort of raising a bank roll. When I get down to Boca I'm going to find a place for them to stay. Why don't you come along with them? It won't be so luxurious but you'll get two and a half or three meals a day, a nice cozy pup tent, and lots of sunshine and me. I should be able to get off evenings and weekends. We can go exploring together. No plans - No objective - just sort of wander around and hobnob with the natives. We could sit in the lobbies of very expensive hotels in Miami Beach. Maybe tackle a bit of deep sea fishing. During the day you can swim, ride, play tennis with Myles - Ha!' and do all sorts of things. The Post theater is only 15 cents and the P.X. probably serves delicious hamburgers. You can window shop famous Lincoln Road and even blow two bits at the Gambling Boat. ...
Oct. 23, 1945 Darlingest, Ya know, fate is a very unpredictable hunk of character! Now take last night - I needed some matches - they have them at the club, so off to the club goes me. It happens to be free beer night. This usually doesn’t interest me to much so I got the matches and was about to leave when the organess started to play Clare De Lune. Dya ever freeze in your tracks? That sort of upside downed me and created a mood. I got “that way” on free beer and “Clare De Lune” was played several more times and each time I got sadder. This morning was sort of sad too, but after some T. Juice and B coffee living conditions improved - but not much. There’s a jukebox in the mess hall and some Joe was playing “there’s no you” all through breakfast. Ole helpful Harry!! There are lots of rumors floating around. Might as well tell you about them, ...
Oct. 25, 1945 Ahoy Matey Downright party paper you got from W. Von Sp. Now you all can be my little Madame Butterfly all. Honey, you a faker, a sos and so and an ole fud. You keep telling me what a bad cook and stuff like that there you are and then every so often you tell me about how good a cake or a dinner was that you cooked. You Jeckyl and Skin you. And what the beJesus ever happened to that cake you were going to send me? Well?? Ya know been spending lots of time thinking about me. Got her all figured out. I’m sort of Sleeping Beauty and I don’t get awakened till I get kissed by Princess Charming (that’s you). So all that time I’m away from you is just a dream and after the first kiss from you I wake up and start living. Garman must be the seven dwarfs rolled into one. He and Cathy are still estranged. ...
Comments
Post a Comment